- Welcome to the WELCOME TO JODY”S website (the “Site”) owned and operated by JODY BAKER- GOODMAN. Except as otherwise noted herein, the site is governed by these terms and conditions (“the Terms”). Please read these Terms carefully, because your use of the Site constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you should not access or use the Site. THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK LLC DBA Welcome To Jody’s Closet reserves the right to make changes to the Site and to these Terms at any time. No material from the Site may be copied, republished, distributed, uploaded, posted or transmitted in any way, except as specifically permitted on the Site. The Site, including all of its information and contents, is The Checks and Balances Network property or that of our suppliers or licensors and is protected by patent, trademark and/or copyright under United States and/or foreign laws. We grant you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the Site and to use the information and services contained here. We have the right to change these rules and/or limitations at any time, in our sole discretion.
- These terms govern all contracts, supplies and other services agreed between the customer and THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK.
- Unless THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK has indicated otherwise in writing to the customer, the customer’s own general terms and conditions shall not be accepted.
- The Site may be used only for lawful purposes and is available only for your personal, noncommercial use. Such use shall be limited to viewing the Site, purchasing products, providing information to the Site, and downloading product information for your personal review. You are responsible for your own communications, including the transmission, posting, and uploading of information and are responsible for the consequences of such communications to the Site.
- We control and operate the Site from the United States, and all information is processed within the United States. We do not represent that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of the Site. THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK makes no representation that content or materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in jurisdictions outside the United States. Access to the Site from jurisdictions where such access is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the Site from other jurisdictions, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK is not responsible for any violation of law.
- Software that may be downloaded from the Site is subject to export controls under the laws and regulations of the United States. By visiting and using our Site, you acknowledge that you are not a national of, or resident within, any of the countries that are subject to trade embargo under these laws and regulations or listed on any of the United States Government’s lists of prohibited and restricted parties.
Entering Into a Contract
- THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK shall confirm the customer’s order by e-mail. A contract is created only when payment has been successfully made. THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK is entitled to refuse, or impose special conditions upon, a supply, subject to giving reasons. If THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK is unable to clearly establish the customer’s permanent or temporary address, an order cannot be accepted.
- Order processes that for whatever reason have been technically or otherwise disrupted before the payment instructions have been completed are incomplete, even if the customer has received an order confirmation. Such an order will in principle therefore not be delivered. THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK shall endeavor, however, to contact the customer to complete the payment instructions so that delivery can be made.
Prices and Costs
- The contract price is the current price at the moment when an order is placed with the webstore.
- The prices quoted in the web store do not include postage and handling costs unless the webstore explicitly states these costs are included in the price.
- THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK is not bound by the terms of its offer in the event that there is any printing, typesetting or programming fault on its website.
- THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK shall act with the greatest possible care in processing orders for articles.
- Articles shall be delivered to the address given by the customer to THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK provided, that such address must be in the United States. The customer may contact customer service @ firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about estimated costs and handling logistics for orders shipping outside of the United States.
- THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK shall dispatch accepted orders as quickly as possible in the order in which they are received.
- The on the web store indicated delivery term is approximate only and there is no right to compensation if actual delivery takes longer.
- We reserve the right to place limits on purchases and we do not authorize the purchase of commercial quantities of our merchandise.
- The customer is responsible for all applicable sales taxes.
Right to Return Articles
- The customer is entitled to return any article purchased directly from the THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK web store to Welcome to Jody’s Closet within thirty (7) days of its delivery, without need to give any reason with the exception of any sale or clearance goods that are explicated noted as final sale items. THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK articles purchased from another retail outlet should be returned according to that retailer’s terms and conditions. This has the effect of cancelling the purchase of that article and the customer will be refunded the amount already paid to THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK for the said article. Please note that we will not pay for return shipping or refund the original shipping cost for the returned articles.
- No refund will be made in respect of articles returned to THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK after the said seven-day period.
- Articles must be returned in it’s original condition with all tags and packaging.
- Articles being returned must be in the condition generally accepted for normal use for approval of the articles, such as trying on articles in conventional shops. If a customer wishes to exercise such right to return an article, the article must be returned to THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK together with everything originally sent with it, in its original state and packaging, in accordance with the clear and reasonable instructions given by THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK .
- THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK is entitled to refuse to accept a returned article or to send it back to the customer if the article appears to have been used, no longer carries the original labels, or reveals damage caused by the customer, or if the customer does not comply with the instructions for returning the article given by THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK .
Error in Delivery
If THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK delivers an article different from the one ordered, or if the article is damaged or defective, the customer must notify THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK of this as soon as possible. Welcome To Jody’s Closet shall reimburse the purchase price plus postage charge and replace with the correct ordered item immediately if possible.
- If a customer wishes to exchange or return an article purchased directly from the THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK web store, they must contact email@example.com immediately.
- Other queries, comments or complaints relating to an order, payment or delivery should be sent in writing to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail message must contain the customer’s name, e-mail address corresponding with that in Jody’s Closet records, the order number included in the order confirmation and the article number.
An order will not be accepted by THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK LLC from anyone under the age of 18.
- The customer may pay either by PayPal Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover.
- All payments must be made in accordance with the instructions given on the pages of the web store.
As between you and THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK LLC, (or any other company whose marks appear on the Site), THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK LLC is the owner and/or authorized user of any registered or unregistered trademark, trade name and/or service mark appearing on the Site, and is the licensee or copyright owner of the materials and content on the Site, unless otherwise indicated. The THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK LLC logos, designs, titles, phrases and product names and the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property in such materials are owned by THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK LLC and may be registered in the United States and internationally. You may view, copy or print pages from the Site solely for personal, non-commercial purposes.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
You assume all responsibility and risk with respect to your use of the Site, which is provided “AS IS.” THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK LLC CLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION ACCESSED FROM OR VIA THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT AND MATERIALS, FUNCTIONS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON THE SITE, WHICH ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, ACCESS, AND ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK LLC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ITS FUNCTION OR THE CONTENT OR THE SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THEREBY WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK LLC MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET USERS’ EXPECTATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK LLC, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FUNCTIONALITY ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE, OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS, OR LOST BUSINESS, DATA OR SALES OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF DAMAGE, TANGIBLE OR INTANGIBLE IN NATURE, EVEN IF SCOTCH & SODA OR ITS REPRESENTATIVE OR SUCH INDIVIDUAL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Any dispute relating in any way to these Terms, your visit to the Site, or to any purchase, return or other transaction with THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK LLC shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in New Jersey. However, if you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate any intellectual property right of THE CHECKS AND BALANCES NETWORK LLC we may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the state of New Jersey. You consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in these courts. Any arbitration under this agreement and these Terms shall be conducted under the prevailing rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action.
New Jersey Law
All contracts to which these general terms and conditions are subject, shall be interpreted according to the laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard to the conflict of law principles thereof.